Position: Parts Sales Associate
Reports To: Aftermarket & Parts Leader
Location: Jessup, MD
Status: Exempt (Salary)
The primary goal of this position is to contribute to the success of the company by successfully selling parts to clients over the counter, in-person, and/or by phone and to assist in achieving individual and departmental sales objectives.
The Parts Sales Associate will be responsible for the daily operations of the Parts Department by successfully performing or assisting in the following:
- Provide Sales and Customer Service support
- Promote sales of HVAC parts to customers
- Maintain regular contact with major customers to build loyalty and ensure long-term revenue
- Assist in maintaining the operation of the retail sales counter
- Assist the Parts Manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program
- Assist in setting prices and discount levels and plan promotions to increase sales
- Effectively and efficiently process customer payments, or obtains credit authorization, while also ensuring that all charge sales receipts are signed by the customer
- Ensure that all customers receive their copy of the invoice
- Promptly notify customers when all parts have arrived and provide an estimated time of delivery
- Effectively and efficiently track and follows up on back-order parts
- Assist in inventory management and control
- Assist in managing inventory based on demand and cost targets
- Assist in maintaining stock at a level that enables servicing and repair departments to complete their work without delay
- Avoid the costs of carrying excessive inventory
- Develop the knowledge of stock-control in order to effectively record and analyze the movement of parts
- Maintain accurate records of parts replaced under warranty and details of faulty parts
- Support sourcing quality parts
- Buy and sell quality parts at the right price, which is an important aspect of the job
- Identify and evaluate suppliers who can offer replacement parts that match the quality of the originals
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain the best prices for parts
The best candidate for this position will meet the following requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of customer service experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and a positive and friendly customer service manner.
- Must demonstrate an ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities.
- HVAC parts/equipment experience preferred.
- Experience with FACTS Accounting Software preferred.
Hobbs & Associates (www.hobbsassociates.com) provides heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products and engineering services to commercial and industrial building contractors, architect-design firms, and business owners. We work with our business partners to create enduring community infrastructure such as schools and colleges, hospitals, military and municipal structures, entertainment venues, hotels, and multi-family housing.
Since 1984, Hobbs & Associates has continued to maintain a strong family culture and employs over 170 employees working across three states and the District of Columbia (Washington DC). Our end users include the Pentagon, HCA Healthcare facilities, multiple universities and entertainment venues, Eastman Chemical in Tennessee, the historic Cavalier on the Hill in Virginia Beach, and Music City Center in Nashville, TN, to name a few.
Hobbs also works in a variety of specialty HVAC applications to maintain indoor air quality (IAQ) specifications in hospitals and operating rooms, museums, data storage centers, warehouses, casinos, correctional facilities, and uniquely designed climate-controlled rooms for indoor agriculture.
As a family-owned business, we are dedicated to our customers, local communities, and employees. Our customers recognize and appreciate that we deliver on-time service before, during, and after installation. Every Hobbs project is backed by our domain experts, commitment to quality, and strong foundation of HVAC manufacturing solutions.
Hobbs & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting at $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year. Pay commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- HVAC Parts Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- HVAC Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Interested candidates should apply with resumes below.