Account Executive – Equipment
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Reports to: Equipment Sales Executive
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hobbs & Associates (www.hobbsassociates.com) provides heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products and engineering services to commercial and industrial building contractors, architect-design firms, and business owners. We work with our business partners to create enduring community infrastructure such as schools and colleges, hospitals, military and municipal structures, entertainment venues, hotels, and multi-family housing.
Since 1984, Hobbs & Associates has continued to maintain a strong family culture and employs over 170 employees working across three states and the District of Columbia (Washington DC). Our end users include the Pentagon, HCA Healthcare facilities, multiple universities and entertainment venues, Eastman Chemical in Tennessee, the historic Cavalier on the Hill in Virginia Beach, and Music City Center in Nashville, TN, to name a few.
Hobbs also works in a variety of specialty HVAC applications to maintain indoor air quality (IAQ) specifications in hospitals and operating rooms, museums, data storage centers, warehouses, casinos, correctional facilities, and uniquely designed climate-controlled rooms for indoor agriculture.
As a family-owned business, we are dedicated to our customers, local communities, and employees. Our customers recognize and appreciate that we deliver on-time service before, during, and after installation. Every Hobbs project is backed by our domain experts, commitment to quality, and strong foundation of HVAC manufacturing solutions.
We are seeking a talented Commercial HVAC Equipment Sales Executive with minimum 2+ years’ sales experience to add to our Chattanooga, TN division. Under minimal direction, this outside sales role is responsible for the sale of commercial and industrial HVAC equipment and systems to owners, engineers, architects, contractors, and consultants. You will build and manage long-term relationships with your customers, accounts ,and the manufacturers.
- Demonstrate technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, trust, and commitment.
- Determine project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet the customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements.
- Effectively write, present, and communicate bids. Negotiates value and closes the sale.
- Positively and credibly influence system design and solutions with customers. Frequently create competitive, high quality and timely estimates, bids, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Manage multiple, ongoing, projects particularly focusing on selling HVAC equipment, service, and systems.
- Build partnering relationships with customers and manufacturers contractors. Understand the customer's business and speak their language.
- Responsible for supporting and assisting in the Accounts Receivable collection process
- Address customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements and sell solutions.
- Solicit support from and communicates effectively with the entire sales team and inside sales supports staff.
- Assist in the development of the sales team.
- Keep management informed of progress and account status. Knows when to call for assistance from upper management to keep the sales process moving.
- Influence project designs & specifications and drawings in order to obtain the Basis of Design (BOD), or a better advantage of being awarded the project on Bid Day with participating contractors.
- Proficient in industry wide and manufacturer-specific software to be better able to assist Design Engineers.
- Log & Follow Basis of Design projects in process within BOD tracking system for various manufacturers.
- Communicate effectively with other team members concerning the project design process.
- Assist with communication to Design Engineers regarding forecasted shipping updates and how they could possibly affect project timelines.
- Forward written technical Specifications & Product Warranty documents to Design Engineers.
- Communicate the status of projects to management and any Engineering layout concerns for resolution as required.
- Manage the receipt of Installation, Operation and Maintenance manuals (IOM) and distribute to our internal Project Managers as required.
- Assist with the Distribution to and approved receipt back of Engineering Submittals from Design firms.
- Perform general administrative functions to support the Design Engineering process with our Design Engineering clients.
- Maintain open and timely communication lines with all applicable Hobbs & Associates team members as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 2+ years account management and/or sales/leadership experience; or equivalent experience.
- HVAC, Mechanical Contracting, Engineering or Construction industry experience required.
- Excellent initiative, and interpersonal communications skills and a demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, deal with ambiguity and manage high volume projects.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Ability to learn new skills and knowledge. Ability to understand concepts and complexity comfortably. Open to change and will try anything to find solutions. Able to handle uncertainty and make decisions without knowing the whole story
Ability to discern between tasks to determine how best to accomplish goals and organize task/people assignments to get results in a timely way. Ability to figure out processes and simplify them in order to maximize workflow.
Ability to manage people and situations when conflicts arise. Ability to seize opportunities with the drive to complete goals.
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
Ability to establish and grow relationships with customers through effective verbal and written communication. Dedicated to the needs of the customers, manufacturers and peers and has the patience to actively listen to all business partners. Able to solve problems and skillfully negotiate with a minimum of noise while managing stress. Demonstrates integrity and trust through appropriate directness and truthfulness. Ability to understand personal strengths and weaknesses, seek feedback and improve upon shortcomings.
Ability to settle differences, compromise or reach agreement while avoiding argument and dispute.
Ability to communicate and transfer knowledge in a precise, concise and logical manner. Demonstrates professional facilitation skills and has a professional presence.
Will be required to work in an office environment and frequently in the field.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance. Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Pet Coverage, Company-Sponsored Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401k, Roth, Dedicated Financial Advisor, PTO, Employee Development and Wellness programs.
Salary Range: between $50,000 - $80,000.00 + Bonuses and/or Commissions
Hobbs & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer