Position: Collection Clerk
Reports To: Accounts Receivables Manager
Location: Norfolk, VA
Status: Exempt (Salary)
Established local company specializing in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) as a manufacturer’s representative with offices in Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, and Tennessee, along with joint venture offices in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
The primary function of the Collection Clerk position is to collect money due, ensure customer accounts are up to date, problem resolution, process credit card payments, set up new accounts, and assist Accounts Receivable office as needed with various clerical duties.
- Contacting customers with overdue accounts to obtain payment.
- Resolving customer concerns including internal staff when needed.
- Reviewing internal ticket portal for assignments and respond as needed. · Additional responsibilities as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED).
- Previous collection/accounting experience beneficial but not required. Key Skills and Competencies Required:
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely, accurate way with little oversight. · Organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain professional integrity and work ethics.
- Ability to take direction from various Shared Services team members.
Hobbs & Associates (www.hobbsassociates.com) provides heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products and engineering services to commercial and industrial building contractors, architect-design firms, and business owners. We work with our business partners to create enduring community infrastructure such as schools and colleges, hospitals, military and municipal structures, entertainment venues, hotels, and multi-family housing.
Since 1984, Hobbs & Associates has continued to maintain a strong family culture and employs over 170 employees working across three states and the District of Columbia (Washington DC). Our end users include the Pentagon, HCA Healthcare facilities, multiple universities and entertainment venues, Eastman Chemical in Tennessee, the historic Cavalier on the Hill in Virginia Beach, and Music City Center in Nashville, TN, to name a few.
Hobbs also works in a variety of specialty HVAC applications to maintain indoor air quality (IAQ) specifications in hospitals and operating rooms, museums, data storage centers, warehouses, casinos, correctional facilities, and uniquely designed climate-controlled rooms for indoor agriculture.
As a family-owned business, we are dedicated to our customers, local communities, and employees. Our customers recognize and appreciate that we deliver on-time service before, during, and after installation. Every Hobbs project is backed by our domain experts, commitment to quality, and strong foundation of HVAC manufacturing solutions.
Hours: M-F, 8 AM to 5 PM
Hobbs & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday Work Location: One location