Position Title: Equipment & Systems Estimator
Reports To: Richmond Sales Manager
Location: Richmond, VA
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary goal of this position is to contribute to the success of the company by providing support to the sales team for commercial design/build and new construction projects from the take off and bid process stage to customer finalized quote.
This role is responsible for the following:
- Complete quoting process for Hobbs and Associates in the state of Virginia while working out of the Richmond, VA office.
- Assemble competitive bids from construction bid documents including architectural, structural, mechanical, and plumbing drawings and specifications using estimating software.
- Work with account executives and company leadership to ensure best product selection and pricing strategy.
- Communicate with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure product and pricing are suitable for each project.
- Document work by maintaining files for each job including bid documents, addendums, product selection and factory pricing.
- Meet deadlines for proposals and other assigned tasks.
- Timely completion of final bid and preparation of any necessary documents.
- Simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects with collaboration from other disciplines involved on each project.
The best candidate for this position will meet the following requirements:
- Four (4)-year Engineering degree or previous estimating experience.
- Capability to manage multiple bids at once from start to finish.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Background in HVAC and plumbing preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and a positive and friendly customer service manner.
- Must demonstrate an ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities. • HVAC parts/equipment experience preferred.
- Experience with FACTS Accounting Software preferred.
Additional Skills and Abilities
Ability to learn new skills and knowledge. Ability to understand concepts and complexity comfortably. Open to change and will try anything to find solutions. Able to handle uncertainty and make decisions with limited information.
Ability to discern between tasks to determine how best to accomplish goals and organize task/people assignments to get results in a timely way. Ability to figure out processes and simplify them in order to maximize workflow.
Ability to manage people and situations when conflicts arise. Ability to seize opportunities with the drive to complete goals.
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
Ability to establish and grow relationships with customers through effective verbal and written communication. Dedicated to the needs of the customers, manufacturers and peers and has the patience to actively listen to all business partners. Able to solve problems and skillfully negotiate with a minimum of noise while managing stress. Demonstrates integrity and trust through appropriate directness and truthfulness. Ability to understand personal strengths and weaknesses, seek feedback and continuously improve.
Ability to settle differences, compromise, or reach agreement while avoiding argument and dispute.
Ability to communicate and transfer knowledge in a precise, concise, and logical
manner. Demonstrates professional facilitation skills and has a professional presence. Environmental Requirements
Will be required to work in an office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, reach with hands and arms. The employee
frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Hobbs & Associates (www.hobbsassociates.com) provides heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products and engineering services to commercial and industrial building contractors, architect-design firms, and business owners. We work with our business partners to create enduring community infrastructure such as schools and colleges, hospitals, military and municipal structures, entertainment venues, hotels, and multi-family housing.
Since 1984, Hobbs & Associates has continued to maintain a strong family culture and employs over 170 employees working across three states and the District of Columbia (Washington DC). Our end users include the Pentagon, HCA Healthcare facilities, multiple universities and entertainment venues, Eastman Chemical in Tennessee, the historic Cavalier on the Hill in Virginia Beach, and Music City Center in Nashville, TN, to name a few.
Hobbs also works in a variety of specialty HVAC applications to maintain indoor air quality (IAQ) specifications in hospitals and operating rooms, museums, data storage centers, warehouses, casinos, correctional facilities, and uniquely designed climate-controlled rooms for indoor agriculture.
As a family-owned business, we are dedicated to our customers, local communities, and employees. Our customers recognize and appreciate that we deliver on-time service before, during, and after installation. Every Hobbs project is backed by our domain experts, commitment to quality, and strong foundation of HVAC manufacturing solutions.
Hobbs & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Pet Coverage
- Employee Development and Wellness programs • Paid Time Off
Work Location: One location