Position Title: HVAC Service Technician
Reports To: Operations Manager
Location: Greater Richmond, VA Area
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
The primary goal of this position is to contribute to the success of the company by providing timely, accurate HVAC system troubleshooting and repair and a positive customer experience.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Service Technician serves customers by performing Factory-authorized Start-up Service and In-service Warranty and Maintenance of HVAC systems and our other represented products. This position delivers a positive customer experience by providing premier start up and commissioning of new products, identifying system issues, completing necessary repairs and helping to maintain equipment to factory specifications.
This role is responsible for the following:
- Serving existing customers by investigating complaints, conducting tests and resolving problems.
- Establishing service by studying system requirements, ordering and gathering components and parts, completing the installation, and performing acceptance tests.
- Maintaining rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques, and recommending system improvements.
- Documenting service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years experience in the HVAC industry.
- Acceptable driving record to be able to access DOD and other Government facilities.
- EPA 608 certification required. This is official recognition by the EPA that a technician is knowledgeable about the laws and regulations on use and handling of ozone-depleting substances (ODSs) such as refrigerants.
- Certificate or degree from an accredited trade school a plus, but not required. • Experience with VRF, AAON and MultiStack equipment a plus, but not required.
- Communication (oral): Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Participates in meetings.
- Communication (written): Documents clearly in reports what work was performed or what is required in a fashion that can be sent to our customers.
- Problem Solving: Identify, diagnose, and resolve equipment and system issues.
Hobbs & Associates (www.hobbsassociates.com) provides heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products and engineering services to commercial and industrial building contractors, architect-design firms, and business owners. We work with our business partners to create enduring community infrastructure such as schools and colleges, hospitals, military and municipal structures, entertainment venues, hotels, and multi-family housing.
Since 1984, Hobbs & Associates has continued to maintain a strong family culture and employs over 170 employees working across three states and the District of Columbia (Washington DC). Our end users include the Pentagon, HCA Healthcare facilities, multiple universities and entertainment venues, Eastman Chemical in Tennessee, the historic Cavalier on the Hill in Virginia Beach, and Music City Center in Nashville, TN, to name a few.
Hobbs also works in a variety of specialty HVAC applications to maintain indoor air quality (IAQ) specifications in hospitals and operating rooms, museums, data storage centers, warehouses, casinos, correctional facilities, and uniquely designed climate-controlled rooms for indoor agriculture.
As a family-owned business, we are dedicated to our customers, local communities, and employees. Our customers recognize and appreciate that we deliver on-time service before, during, and after installation. Every Hobbs project is backed by our domain experts, commitment to quality, and strong foundation of HVAC manufacturing solutions.
Hobbs & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Pay commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm
Work Location: Service Area
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. The individual must be capable of reviewing their work for errors and making adjustments as necessary. This position works indoors and outside in various settings, including rooftops accessed by ladders.