Job Title: New and Experienced Commercial HVAC Service Technician
Reports To: Service Team Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Under the supervision of the Service Team Manager, the Service Technician serves customers by installing and servicing systems and products. The Service Technician also works on initial start-ups of equipment. This position fosters positive customer interactions by identifying system issues and completing repairs to the satisfaction of the customer and the company.
Product lines include, but are not limited to, VRF systems, rooftop and packaged units, and other major HVAC equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required.
- Serves existing accounts by analyzing service orders, planning daily travel schedules, investigating complaints, conducting tests and resolving problems.
- Establishes service by studying system requirements, ordering and gathering components and parts, completing installation and performing acceptance tests.
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Keeps personal equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Attends training sessions, both locally and in other regions, to maintain latest knowledge base on a variety of equipment and systems.
- Completes required paperwork accurately and timely for Customer and Company.
- Follows all safety restrictions required by Company, Customer, and OSHA.
- Ability to understand wiring diagrams.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Job Knowledge- Includes awareness and possession or mastery of special facts, practices, manual skills and techniques and decision-making methods.
- Time Management- Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Communication Oral- Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Participates in meetings.
- Problem Solving- Solves difficult problems with effective solutions.
Experience and Requirements:
- Certificate, 2 or 4-year degree from an accredited trade school, college, or university a plus
- NATE certification and EPA certification a plus.
- 2+ years of HVAC Service.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales orders and other documents in English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to interact clearly and effectively, in both written and oral communication, with supervisor, clients, staff, vendors, etc.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc. This role requires an intermediate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to remain in a stationary position for 25 percent of the time while operating their computer and performing office work. The individual needs to frequently move about inside tight and cramped spaces. They may operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and computer. They must be able to exchange accurate information with customers and others in the office while interacting. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The individual must be capable of reviewing their work for errors and adjust as necessary.
This position works in various settings, with much outdoor exposure during the day. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate, but can escalate to high while on work site.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.'
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 - $40.00 per hour
Hobbs & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
All service techs are provided proper PPE and can replenish as needed.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Commercial HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
- NATE Certification (Preferred)
- EPA Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: Roanoke
Interested candidates should apply with resumes below.