Job Title: Operations Dispatcher
Job Location: Norfolk, VA
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary goal of this position is to contribute to the success of the company by providing internal support to our team of HVAC Service Technicians. Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Operations Dispatcher will serve as both the internal support and the scheduler for the Service Technicians. The Operations Dispatcher will manage resources including equipment and people for the successful service contracts with our customers.
This role is responsible for the following:
- Provide customer coordination and scheduling for service request received through our Service phone line and email.
- Support the customer service process by working extensively with all departments as necessary.
- Provide superior customer service to both external and internal customers by exceeding their expectations by communicating clearly and effectively.
- Coordinate equipment startup and service with our Service Technicians and Customers. • Provide timely project documentation to HVAC Technicians in response to customer equipment startup requests.
- Completed required data entry for the purposes of billing to the customers and documenting warranty claims.
- Manage material procurement with manufacturers, ordering, release, and warranty management.
- Follow up consistently to complete assigned duties.
- Coordinate the transportation movements of the Technician teams.
- Forecast workload for 2-3 days out.
- Invoice fully executed work orders to the customer.
- Keep Operations forecast up to date and report it to Operations VP.
The best candidate for this position will meet the following requirements:
- 2+ years experience dispatching teams and/or similar scheduling.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and a positive and friendly customer service manner.
- Must demonstrate an ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, results-driven individual with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Required to use computer software and must be adept at learning new systems and tools. Geographical knowledge of service area or map reading skills is an additional requirement.
- HVAC parts/equipment experience preferred.
- Experience with FACTS Accounting Software preferred.
- Time Management- Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Conflict Resolution- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Reads situations quickly. Good at focused listening. Can hammer out tough agreements and settle
disputes equitably. Can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise. • Interpersonal Skills- Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization, builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive and
effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact, can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Planning- Accurately scopes out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, sets objectives and goals and breaks down work into the process steps necessary to get things done.
- Action Oriented- Enjoys working hard. Is action-oriented and full of energy for the things seen as challenging. Seizes more opportunities than others. Reacts quickly to critical situations.
Hobbs & Associates (www.hobbsassociates.com) provides heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products and engineering services to commercial and industrial building contractors, architect-design firms, and business owners. We work with our business partners to create enduring community infrastructure such as schools and colleges, hospitals, military and municipal structures, entertainment venues, hotels, and multi-family housing.
Since 1984, Hobbs & Associates has continued to maintain a strong family culture and employs over 170 employees working across three states and the District of Columbia (Washington DC). Our end users include the Pentagon, HCA Healthcare facilities, multiple universities and entertainment venues, Eastman Chemical in Tennessee, the historic Cavalier on the Hill in Virginia Beach, and Music City Center in Nashville, TN, to name a few.
Hobbs also works in a variety of specialty HVAC applications to maintain indoor air quality (IAQ) specifications in hospitals and operating rooms, museums, data storage centers, warehouses, casinos, correctional facilities, and uniquely designed climate-controlled rooms for indoor agriculture.
As a family-owned business, we are dedicated to our customers, local communities, and employees. Our customers recognize and appreciate that we deliver on-time service before, during, and after installation. Every Hobbs project is backed by our domain experts, commitment to quality, and strong foundation of HVAC manufacturing solutions.
Hobbs & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Pay commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to remain in a stationary position for 90 percent of the time while operating their computer and performing office work. The individual needs to occasionally move about inside the office. They constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and computer printer. They must be able to exchange accurate information with customers and others in the office while interacting. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The individual must be capable of reviewing their work for errors and making adjustments as necessary.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The individual frequently works in a controlled climate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Location: One location