Position Title: Operations Administrator
Reports To: Vice President, Operations
Location: Richmond, VA
FSLA Status: Exempt
Under the supervision of the Operations VP, the Operations Administrator will function as both the internal support for Service Operations and the Parts Department. The Operations Administrator will manage resources including invoicing, equipment, and people to ensure successful service contracts with our customers.
This role is responsible for the following:
- Provide backup customer coordination for service requests received through our Service phone line and email.
- Support the customer service process by working extensively with all departments, as necessary.
- Provide superior customer service to both external and internal customers by exceeding their expectations through effective and timely oral and written communication.
- Track equipment startup with our Service Technicians and Customers, including pre startup documentation, collecting and filing completed start up forms, and updating the start-up warranty tracker.
- Provide accurate, timely data entry for the purposes of billing customers and processing warranty claims.
- Support material procurement with manufacturers’ ordering, release, and warranty management.
- Consistently follow up and execute assigned duties.
- Manage billing Parts Department Invoices to customers.
- Add to our internal system Service Technician time each week.
- Collect and process Service Technician receipts in our internal system.
- 2+ years dispatching and/or scheduling experience.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented, organized, results driven.
- Ability to use computer software and adept at learning new systems and tools. • Geographical knowledge of service area or map reading skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and a positive and friendly customer service manner.
- Must demonstrate an ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities. • HVAC parts/equipment experience preferred.
- Time Management- Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Conflict Resolution- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Reads situations quickly. Good at focused listening. Can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably. Can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Interpersonal Skills- Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the organization, builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact, can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Planning- Accurately scopes out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, sets objectives and goals and breaks down work into the process steps necessary to get things done.
- Action-Oriented- Enjoys working hard. Is full of energy for the things seen as
challenging. Seizes more opportunities than others. Reacts quickly to critical situations.
Hobbs & Associates (www.hobbsassociates.com) provides heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products and engineering services to commercial and industrial building contractors, architect-design firms, and business owners. We work with our business partners to create enduring community infrastructure such as schools and colleges, hospitals, military and municipal structures, entertainment venues, hotels, and multi-family housing.
Since 1984, Hobbs & Associates has continued to maintain a strong family culture and employs over 170 employees working across three states and the District of Columbia (Washington DC). Our end users include the Pentagon, HCA Healthcare facilities, multiple universities and entertainment venues, Eastman Chemical in Tennessee, the historic Cavalier on the Hill in Virginia Beach, and Music City Center in Nashville, TN, to name a few.
Hobbs also works in a variety of specialty HVAC applications to maintain indoor air quality (IAQ) specifications in hospitals and operating rooms, museums, data storage centers, warehouses, casinos, correctional facilities, and uniquely designed climate-controlled rooms for indoor agriculture.
As a family-owned business, we are dedicated to our customers, local communities, and employees. Our customers recognize and appreciate that we deliver on-time service before, during, and after installation. Every Hobbs project is backed by our domain experts, commitment to quality, and strong foundation of HVAC manufacturing solutions.
Hobbs & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to remain in a stationary position for 90 percent of the time while operating their computer and performing office work. The individual needs to occasionally move about inside the office. They constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and computer printer. They must be able to exchange accurate information with customers and others in the office while interacting. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The individual must be capable of reviewing their work for errors and making adjustments, as necessary.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The individual frequently works in a controlled climate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Location: One location